As I said in a previous post, I launched my gallery project. I have so many years of photos to go through. Right now I am posting shots that I took in 2007. I started the gallery with shots dating back to 1998 in my “large format” days. My plan is to move forward in time and post photos as I go. I also plan to post present-day photos as I take them.
Today, I launched the early “beta” build of my new gallery. It is sparse, but it is functional. My goal is and has always been to control the SEO and page design in such a way that google likes it better than the gallery sites I have tried in the past such as SmugMug, Zenfolio, Flickr, etc. We will see in the long run if it works or not. Either way, I have enjoyed the coding process. As I build each line of code, I have been able to decide exactly how I want things. Hopefully this will be fun.
I have spent several hours this past week building the upload code, the resampling code – that was a giant task – and the watermarking routine. I have most of the difficult coding behind me and now I just have some basic html and logic left in addition to putting it all together. I should have a bare bones gallery up and running in the next day or so.